Hire / Book Ruda Landman Celebrity Speaker
Ruda Landman, freelance journalist, grew up in the Northern Cape and read languages at the University of Stellenbosch.She started her career as a journalist at Die Burger, later moving to SABC as a radio and television reporter. After some years with Sarie magazine, she became co-anchor of Carte Blanche, a position she held for 19 years until June 2007.
In 2003 Landman published a book on her experiences as a television journalist, titled Off Camera. She is a director of Media24.
Ruda has been married to JP Landman for more than a quarter of a century, has one son and devotes much of her spare time to being the chairperson of the board of Helpmekaar, a private Afrikaans high school in Johannesburg and serves on the Council of the University of Stellenbosch
Ruda’s new talk entitled “To Dance and to Fish” starts off with her reading a beautiful deeply moving folk tale from Scandinavia and then uses that as an extended metaphor to talk about
• The masculine and feminine aspects of every one of us, both of which need time and attention
• The fact that everything we choose to do has a price tag marked in days, hours and minutes
• our responsibility for our choices
• the danger of being bullied into/drifting into a place where we never wanted to be
• how we can set about making choices that will recognize both the masculine and feminine aspects of ourselves, and feed our souls.